Nmap Development mailing list archives

Re: NPCap and Replay Media Catcher

From: Fyodor <fyodor () nmap org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2019 19:41:47 -0800

On Wed, Jan 2, 2019 at 10:19 AM Alisson . <djalissoncp () hotmail com> wrote:

But as WinPCap stopped, RMC evolved. Although WinPCap it is no longer
officially supported, version 4.1.3 is still in use in the latest version
of the program (7.0.135). They continue to opt for the installation of
WinPCap, up to the default of WinPCap instead of the "Applian Network
Monitor".

I emailed them of WinPCap's successor and that they could study and verify
the compatibility of this new program with RMC. In comparison of the
programs what absurdly catches the attention is that WinPCap stopped having
support 6 years ago... But it is still used. Among other updates that might
make the NPCap better.

Hi Alisson.  It is too bad that they are using WinPcap instead of Npcap,
but Npcap would probably work.  I'd suggest first installing RMC with the
included WinPcap.  Make sure it is not running though, then install Npcap
0.99-r8 from https://npcap.org.  Make sure that the WinPcap compatible box
is selected and finish the install.  Now try RMC again and it should be
using Npcap instead.  If it doesn't work, please send me an email directly
and I'll investigate.

Cheers,
Fyodor