oss-sec mailing list archives

first spam message on the list

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2008 04:30:14 +0300

This was unusually quick.  S - thank you for posting the list address on
a blog non-obfuscated. :-(

http://c-skills.blogspot.com/2008/02/open-source-software-security-wiki.html

I've just enabled a simple spam filter for the list address (it will
drop HTML-only messages - and more).  I will also be turning on message
pre-moderation.  It's a pity that we have to do this so early.

Anyone would like to be a moderator (and receive the undetected spam)?

Meanwhile, (GalaxyMaster) has patched the Wiki to obfuscate e-mail
addresses in more cases.  Nothing should be reported non-obfuscated now,
not even via the RSS feed or diffs view.  In fact, we'll probably relax
the current fix a bit to not mangle the Openwall anoncvs access shell
command. ;-)

Alexander