oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: list: members vs. read-only subscribers

From: Josh Bressers <bressers () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2008 11:16:38 -0400

* The current member list can post unmoderated
* New subscribers (anyone can subscribe) will be moderated by default, but
  can have the moderation flag lifted when the prove to be useful
  contributors (we need to define what a useful contributor is)
* Non members can post, but will be moderated (if spam is an issue, we
  could consider just throwing this stuff out, but I'd really like to avoid
  it if possible)

I am OK with your proposal, although I think that we could simply do
message moderation for all instead, with a few moderators.

I'm not terribly keen on this I admit.  Involving humans creates problems
in any process.  If we are going to moderate things, we will need to ensure
we have near 24 hour moderator coverage.  Tools should enhance process, not
define it.

Anyway, should we (Openwall) interpret the above as a request to go
ahead and apply the changes?

Let's say unless someone complains before tomorrow, we go ahead with this
plan.

Thanks.

--
    JB