oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE Request for cacti

From: Henri Salo <henri () nerv fi>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 19:32:41 +0300

On Mon, 18 May 2009 17:16:50 +0200
Robert Buchholz <rbu () gentoo org> wrote:

Hi Henri,

On Friday 15 May 2009, Henri Salo wrote:
I would like to obtain CVE identifier for security bug[1] in
cacti[2]. I beleive this version of cacti is still used in some
servers[3][4].

1: http://bugs.cacti.net/view.php?id=1245

The resolution indicates the bug had already been fixed at the time
the bug was reported, thus implying it was a duplicate report of
CVE-2008-0783. The CVE-2008-0783 patch [1] explicitly validates
the 'action' variable as mentioned in the bug report.

However, the original poster reported the 0.8.6i-3.4 Debian revision
as vulnerable and according to DSA 1569-2 [2], it should not have
been.

Do you have any indication this is not covered by CVE-2008-0783?

Robert

[1]
http://www.cacti.net/downloads/patches/0.8.7a/multiple_vulnerabilities-0.8.7a.patch
[2]
http://lists.debian.org/debian-security-announce/2008/msg00144.html

I tested this using Cacti from Etch with security updates (0.8.6i-3.5)
and it seems to be fixed. Good work.

---
Henri Salo