oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: squid DoS in external auth header parser

From: Nico Golde <oss-security+ml () ngolde de>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 19:48:13 +0200

Hi,
* Vincent Danen <vdanen () redhat com> [2009-08-04 17:20]:
* [2009-08-04 12:13:29 +0200] Nico Golde wrote:
[...]
CVE-2009-2622
CVE-2009-2621

Are you sure?

According to MITRE's descriptions, CVE-2009-2621 deals with a lack of
enforcing "buffer limites and related bound checks", and CVE-2009-2622
deals with malformed requests.  When I was looking, it didn't seem like
either of these were the issue noted in the Debian bug.  Bug #2704 on
the squid site is still UNCONFIRMED with no additional comments made to
it, so I don't think this is fixed in the latest upstream release (and
wouldn't fall under one of these CVE's).

I don't think a CVE has been assigned to this issue, and I don't think
it has been fixed.

Oergs sorry, yes you are right. I mixed up the issues here.
Cheers
Nico
--
Nico Golde - http://www.ngolde.de - nion () jabber ccc de - GPG: 0xA0A0AAAA