oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request - kernel: ima: fix null pointer dereference

From: Mark J Cox <mjc () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 9 Feb 2010 16:13:54 +0000 (GMT)

Do we need CVE numbers for issues that never showed up in a released
kernel version?  I don't see how this could affect anyone, unless they
were foolish enough to ship a product on a non-released kernel :)

You got a point there, but I requested this in order to keep track of security issues that we might need to backport in our future kernels.

It shouldn't get a CVE name. If someone at some point in the future ships a vulnerable version (by selective backporting, or similar) then it would get a name. Cheers, Mark