oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: kernel stack infoleaks

From: Josh Bressers <bressers () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 07:16:11 -0400 (EDT)

----- "Jon Oberheide" <jon () oberheide org> wrote:

Vasiliy Kulikov discovered three kernel stack infoleaks in various
packet families of the net subsystem:

net/ax25

Sometimes ax25_getname() doesn't initialize all members of fsa_digipeater
field of fsa struct.  This structure is then copied to userland.  It
leads to leaking of contents of kernel stack memory.  We have to
initialize them to zero.

http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=128854507120898&w=2

Use CVE-2010-3875 for this one.

net/packet

packet_getname_spkt() doesn't initialize all members of sa_data field of
sockaddr struct if strlen(dev->name) < 13.  This structure is then copied
to userland.  It leads to leaking of contents of kernel stack memory.  We
have to fully fill sa_data with strncpy() instead of strlcpy().

http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=128854507220908&w=2

CVE-2010-3876

net/tipc

Structure sockaddr_tipc is copied to userland with padding bytes after
"id" field in union field "name" unitialized.  It leads to leaking of
contents of kernel stack memory.  We have to initialize them to zero.

http://marc.info/?l=linux-netdev&m=128854507420917&w=2

CVE-2010-3877

Thanks.

--