oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE Request -- logrotate -- nine issues

From: Ludwig Nussel <ludwig.nussel () suse de>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 08:59:03 +0100

Josh Bressers wrote:
[...]
It seems there is now a consensus on this (at least that's how I'm reading
it). Here is what I plan to do with CVE ids unless someone speaks up.

As best as I can tell, logrotate only needs a CVE id for this:

    8) Issue #8: logrotate: TOCTOU race condition by creation of new files
       (between opening the file and moment, final permissions have been
       applied) [information disclosure]

Ack.

We then will need to assign IDs for various broken uses of /var/log (If
someone has a list of the currently known ones, please pass it along)

AFAICS on openSUSE Factory we have
cobbler
inn
safte-monitor
uucp

service owned log dirs without logrotate:
cups
horde

cu
Ludwig