oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE-request: Serendipity 'serendipity[filter][bp.ALT]' Cross-Site Scripting vulnerability

From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com>
Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2011 13:57:19 -0700

On 12/04/2011 12:07 PM, Hanno Böck wrote:
Am Thu, 01 Dec 2011 13:24:19 -0700
schrieb Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com>:

My mistake, this should have been merged into CVE-2011-4090, it's the
same vuln type (XSS) and the same version of Serendipity,
CVE-2011-4365 is a bad assignment and should be marked as a duplicate
of CVE-2011-4090.
I'd disagree on that.

CVE-2011-4090 is in an (optional) plugin, while CVE-2011-4365 is an
issue in the main s9y code.

Although the plugin is shipped with the core s9y, the impact is quite
different. For 4090, you only need to care if you do something with the
karma-plugin.

Correct me if I'm wrong though but in the plugin advisory it says the
fix is to upgrade serendipity to 1.6? If so then it looks like the
problem is more back end than plugin.

--

-Kurt Seifried / Red Hat Security Response Team