oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Status of two Linux kernel issues w/o CVE assignments

From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 22:36:41 -0700

On 12/24/2011 02:53 PM, Eugene Teo wrote:
2: /proc/$PID/{sched,schedstat} information leak
Vasiliy Kulikov of OpenWall posted a demo exploit.
http://openwall.com/lists/oss-security/2011/11/05/3

AFAICS no CVE ID was assigned to this?
I believe we are not assigning CVE's for these types of proc related
issues, some discussion was had:

https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/2/7/368

http://www.google.com/custom?domains=lkml.org&q=%2Fproc%2F+leaks

but I'm not sure what the outcome is. CC'ing Eugene Teo.
===========
IIRC, it's an issue but there's no resolution as existing code may break.

There are also,
/proc/{interrupts, stat}
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/7/340
Please use CVE-2011-4915 for this issue.

/dev/pts/, /dev/tty*
https://lkml.org/lkml/2011/11/7/355
Please use CVE-2011-4916 for this issue.

I have not checked the status of these issues. Vasiliy, kindly shed some
light.

Happy holidays.

Eugene

--

-Kurt Seifried / Red Hat Security Response Team