oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: PostfixAdmin SQL injections and XSS

From: Kurt Seifried <kseifried () redhat com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 13:54:12 -0700

Please assign a CVE number to those issues.

The issues are fixed in PostfixAdmin 2.3.5, which I'll release
today or tomorrow.

For reference, here's the changelog with all details:
  - fix SQL injection in pacrypt() (if $CONF[encrypt] ==
  'mysql_encrypt')
  - fix SQL injection in backup.php - the dump
  was not mysql_escape()d,>
    therefore users could inject SQL (for example in the
    vacation message) which will be executed when restoring
    the database dump. WARNING: database dumps created with
    backup.php from 2.3.4 or older might>
             contain malicious SQL. Double-check
             before using them!

Please use CVE-2012-0811 for PostfixAdmin 2.3.4 multiple SQL vulnerabilities

  - fix XSS with $_GET[domain] in templates/menu.php and
  edit-vacation - fix XSS in some create-domain input fields
  - fix XSS in create-alias and edit-alias error message
  - fix XSS (by values stored in the database) in fetchmail list

Please use CVE-2012-0812 for PostfixAdmin 2.3.4 multiple XSS
vulnerabilities

So basically we have two sets of vulnerabilities: multiple SQL
injections and multiple XSS vulnerabilities, correct?

Yes, correct.
(For completeness: the last 3 items ($LANG, the "forward only" marker
and the hex2bin change) are non-security fixes.)

Gruß

Christian Boltz

Thanks.

--
Kurt Seifried Red Hat Security Response Team (SRT)