oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: handling of Linux kernel vulnerabilities (was: CVE request - Linux kernel: VFAT slab-based buffer overflow)

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 06:57:23 +0400

Greg,

Note that I am not even asking you to reconsider.  I have little hope
that you would, as you appeared to have a firm opinion on this.
I merely mentioned this aspect, with no intent to prompt a discussion of
it.  That said, I've commented inline, just to clear up your confusion.

Then, in the last paragraph I was actually asking you a question, which
you commented on - thanks!  It looks like I need to clarify it, which I
did below as well.