oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE Request - xlockmore 5.43 fixes a security flaw

From: "mancha" <mancha1 () hush com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 21:17:56 +0000

On Tue, 16 Jul 2013 20:18:06 +0000 "Kurt Seifried" wrote:
To reiterate: so I can confirm CVE assignments, and prevent
duplicate assignments you *MUST* provide links to the code
commits/vulnerable code.

People need to start making better CVE requests, or you're
not going to get CVEs from me.

I am relatively new at CVE requests so I am learning-by-doing.
I must have missed the original comment you feel you're
re-iterating to me.

Relevant code can be found here:

[1]
http://sourceforge.net/projects/miscellaneouspa/files/glibc217/xlock
more-5.42-glibc217-crypt.diff

Upstream doesn't appear to have a public version control repo
which is why I didn't post link(s) to commit(s). I mistakenly
thought their changelog annoucement would be enough.

I enjoy contributing time to the community via code submissions
and by making flaws/fixes known to vendors via this list. I just
hope they don't all have to raise my blood pressure in the future.

--mancha