oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Fw: Re: IMAP STARTTLS sniff tool

From: Solar Designer <solar () openwall com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2014 15:50:10 +0400

Hi Bob,

On Wed, Mar 12, 2014 at 12:05:19PM +0100, Bob Ezrin wrote:
we solved the problem with https://github.com/ipopov/starttls-mitm.

Thanks for letting the list know.  As far as I can see, you tried
posting to the Penetration Testing list, but got no replies:

http://seclists.org/pen-test/2014/Mar/index.html
http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/101

I'm not sure what this means: too little demand for a list with such
focus, or specifically the Penetration Testing list being non-working.

Either way, I'm also not sure if we want to expand the scope on
oss-security to cover topics like this.  Probably not.

Bob, it's not great that you posted this follow-up as a forward rather
than as a reply to the same thread and with proper quoting.  This makes
the follow-up appear as a new thread in the archives of oss-security,
whereas the thread that you started before does not contain this
additional follow-up.  Please be more careful with _how_ you post to
mailing lists.

http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/anton/mail-news-errors.html

Alexander