oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Request for linux-distros list membership

From: rf () q-leap de
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2014 17:32:48 +0200

"Anthony" == Anthony Liguori <aliguori () amazon com> writes:

    Anthony> On 04/09/14 23:25, Solar Designer wrote:
    >> On Wed, Apr 09, 2014 at 11:57:33PM -0600, Kurt Seifried wrote:
    >>> So first off I'm inclined to have Amazon on the distros list
    >>> (same reasons as Oracle basically).
    >>>
    >>> My only concern is are you the correct person, I have no clue
    >>> who is on the Amazon security team for their Linux distribution,
    >>> I've never seen you post anything anywhere.
    >>>
    >>> Your search - site:aws.amazon.com Anthony Liguori - did not
    >>> match any documents.
    >>>
    >>> Your search - site:aws.amazon.com aliguori () amazon com - did not
    >>> match any documents.
    >>>
    >>> Can we somehow get confirmation from Amazon that this is the
    >>> right person to have on distros? Thanks.
    >>
    >> Yes, we need this sort of confirmation.  My other concerns are:

    Anthony> Ping.  Apologies if this is being discussed in private but
    Anthony> I just wanted to make sure it wasn't forgotten.  I believe
    Anthony> we have provided all of the information requested.

Just a remark from somebody who's request for linux-distros membership
was turned down: I think in case the AMI membership will be granted, you
need to provide a clear explanation why Qlustar's wasn't. Better: Setup
some clear criteria for when membership is possible and when not.

Roland
-------
http://www.q-leap.com / http://qlustar.com