oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: procmail heap overflow in getlline()

From: Tero Marttila <terom () fixme fi>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2014 02:09:37 +0200

FWIW I don't have a specific PoC/scenario to supply for this case that serves as an exploit with untrusted input, but I am not familar enough with procmail and how it is used to make a judgement on if some related code-path/scenario could be exploitable.

I reported this as a security bug due to the implied high risk level of procmail being suid-root on Debian, and thus deserving of more detailed inspection. But that's a distribution issue.

 -- Tero Marttila