oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: Security issues addressed in GraphicsMagick SVG reader

From: Stefan Cornelius <scorneli () redhat com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 11:09:44 +0200

On Fri, 27 May 2016 09:37:38 -0500 (CDT)
Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen () simple dallas tx us> wrote:

SVG Security Improvements in GraphicsMagick

This is a summary of security improvements made to development
GraphicsMagick's SVG reader since the 1.3.23 release.  These
improvements were made in response to fuzz testing by Gustavo Grieco
(using Quickfuzz) which and which resulted in CVE-2016-2317 and
CVE-2016-2318.  We are thankful that Gustavo has been willing to
continue fuzz testing as improvements have been made.

Hi,

I'm curious, are these the CVEs for the issues that still have an
outstanding CVE request at http://seclists.org/oss-sec/2016/q2/180 - or
are they completely unrelated?

(If they are indeed the same/related, can you give more details about
the exact mapping?)

Thanks,
--
Stefan Cornelius / Red Hat Product Security