oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: several SOGo issues (DOS, XSS, information leakage)

From: cve-assign () mitre org
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2016 11:27:33 -0400 (EDT)

SOGo #3510:  DOS attack through uploading malicious attachments
Fix:         http://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/32bb1456e23a32c7f45079c3985bf732dd0d276d
Issue:       https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3510

1. Create a large file, for example `dd if=/dev/zero of=/tmp/1GB bs=1M count=1000`
2. Open new mail in SOGo, try to attach large file
3. If attachment fails, some memory gets freed, but not all of it
4. Repeat 1-3 until server crashes

The issues was resolved by limiting the upload size ...

Further investigation showed that not memcached was the issue but
temporary files kept around

Use CVE-2016-6188.

SOGo #3695:  Private information leakage through ics/XML feeds when restricted to "View the Date & Time"
Fix SOGo v2: https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/717f45f640a2866b76a8984139391fae64339225
Fix SOGo v3: https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/875a4aca3218340fd4d3141950c82c2ff45b343d
Issue:       https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3695

1. Not all private information removed for the public free/busy view

I was able to observe following fields containing critical information:

- ORGANIZER (who invited the calendar owner?)
- X-ALT-DESC (Outlook-specific extended copy of the description?)

Use CVE-2016-6189.

SOGo #3696:  Meta information can be derived from UID/DTSTAMP attributes though
"View the Date & Time" restricted access Backend Calendar
Fix SOGo v2: https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/717f45f640a2866b76a8984139391fae64339225
Fix SOGo v3: https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/875a4aca3218340fd4d3141950c82c2ff45b343d
Issue:       https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3696

2. It was possible to join appointments based on the UID of the
   public free/busy view from different users, to know who has
   appointments with whom

one can derive common appointments between other people

Use CVE-2016-6190.

SOGo #3718:  Persistent Cross-Site Scripting in calendar
Issue:       https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=3718
Fix:         http://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/64ce3c9c22fd9a28caabf11e76216cd53d0245aa

When creating a calendar entry containing script code

Use CVE-2016-6191.

SOGo #2598:  Script injection in calendar title
Fixes:       - https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/1a7fc2a0e90a19dfb1fce292ae5ff53aa513ade9
             - https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/80a09407652ec04e8c9fb6cb48e1029e69a15765
             - https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/3a5e44e7eb8b390b67a8f8a83030b49606956501
             - https://github.com/inverse-inc/sogo/commit/c94595ea7f0f843c2d7abf25df039b2bbe707625
Issue:       https://sogo.nu/bugs/view.php?id=2598

The (now public) issue log says I realized the issue also exists with contacts

Add injection code, for example in the "Display" name field

Use CVE-2014-9905 for the XSS issues in both the calendar title and
the contacts module.

We cannot yet send a CVE ID here for the non-public issue #3670.

- --
CVE Assignment Team
M/S M300, 202 Burlington Road, Bedford, MA 01730 USA
[ A PGP key is available for encrypted communications at
  http://cve.mitre.org/cve/request_id.html ]