oss-sec mailing list archives

[CVE-2016-6881] ffmpeg endless loop when dealing with craft swf file.

From: 连一汉 <lianyihan () 360 cn>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 06:42:38 +0000

I'm Lian ,a security researcher from Qihoo 360 .

I found a vulnerability of ffmpeg . And this could cause ffmpeg get into endless loop !

================== target system ======================

ffmpeg version 3.1.2 Copyright (c)

Ffmpeg -i poc.swf -b:v 640k -y output.ts

================== target web site ======================

https://ffmpeg.org/

========================= key codes ======================

swfdec.c: line 121

zlib_refill()

{

retry:

ret = inflate(z, Z_NO_FLUSH); // ret is always 2 (Z_NEED_DICT) , and other variates will not been changed.

if (buf_size - z->avail_out == 0)

 goto retry;

Our understanding is that swfdec.c is part of the libavformat library and thus this issue may affect other applications
that use that library.

Use CVE-2016-6881.

--

CVE Assignment Team

M/S M300, 202 Burlington Road, Bedford, MA 01730 USA [ A PGP key is available for encrypted communications at

  http://cve.mitre.org/cve/request_id.html ]