oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: clamav: Out of bounds read and segfault in xar parser

From: Hanno Böck <hanno () hboeck de>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2018 21:50:44 +0100

On Tue, 03 Oct 2017 11:34:09 -0400
Joel Esler <joel.esler () me com> wrote:

However, checking just now on Github I do not get the impression at
all that development has stalled. Judging purely by number of
commits, every month there are consistently a very healthy number.
But what has stalled is stable releases; the last one being 0.99.2
on 22nd April 2016, so something is not quite right. But I've seen
many open source/free software projects stalled over the years and
definitely Clamav does not, IMO, fit that description (at least not
yet).

It’s not dead.  At all.  99.2 as a stable release was released in
2016, yes.  We have been working on 99.3 since, and are planning 99.4
and 99.5 now.  99.3 has been in beta for a couple months now, and the
fix for this issue has been in git since the date mentioned earlier
in the thread.  It’s also obviously in 99.3.

Except...
0.99.3 is out now and the fix is not included.

--
Hanno Böck
https://hboeck.de/

mail/jabber: hanno () hboeck de
GPG: FE73757FA60E4E21B937579FA5880072BBB51E42