oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: CVE request: maliciously crafted notebook files in Jupyter

From: Gordo Lowrey <gordo () zeneval com>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2018 19:16:17 -0400

Obviously, running a python notebook from an untrusted party is a bad idea, since notebooks are litearlly code executors...

Sure, there is something to be said about *javascript* execution... but there are a plethora of addons for Python notebooks that generate Javascript on-demand. Especially for visualizations, etc...

Why is this a "vulnerability" necessarily?

Just curious...