oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: OpenDMARC buffer overflows

From: Thomas Ward <teward () thomas-ward net>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2019 14:57:34 -0400

On 9/17/19 2:20 PM, Alyssa Ross wrote:
Hanno Böck <hanno () hboeck de> writes:

In light of the recent OpenDMARC issue I had a look at their Github PR
tracker. This one
https://github.com/trusteddomainproject/OpenDMARC/pull/45
caught my attention.
So a signature bypass, a buffer overflow, and no activity in years
despite vulnerabilities having been reported months ago?

Certainly doesn't look like software that people should be relying on
for security...

... which is why I think distros are distro-patching it, like Scott Kitterman is doing for Debian.

I have a host of other detections in line with OpenDMARC for detecting invalid message structure, though, but it's definitely concerning to see something like this - one of the few DMARC checkers that actually exists in the OSS world - to be so behind from a Security perspective...