oss-sec mailing list archives

Re: libass ass_outline.c signed integer overflow

From: Ian Zimmerman <itz () very loosely org>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2020 18:15:28 -0800

On 2020-11-19 11:54, David A. Wheeler wrote:

I read through the issue discussion. As best as I can tell, no one
filed for a CVE, so there was no CVE.  Did I misunderstand something?

If my understanding is correct, that is *NOT* a failure of the CVE
process.

As it often happens to me, what I wrote was too brief to be clear to
everyone.

The longer version would be something like:

  This is an example of a situation where no one filed for a CVE because
  of perceived hurdles in the process, even if the facts didn't justify
  the perception.

Now of course Moritz tells us there is in fact a CVE and indeed I can
locate the issue in Debian's security tracker. I guess it has been
judged not serious enough to need fixing in buster. I disagree but
clearly that is up to the maintainers.

--
Ian