PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Marcus Ranum downplays importance of Pen Test Tools like Metasploit - opinions?

From: jackadaniel at gmail.com (Jack Daniel)
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 10:15:51 -0400

One thing Marcus said which I think is dead on is that if you have to
"rub someone's nose in it" to convince them they have a problem
(actually exploit a vuln and compromise something) we're already
screwed.  How do you create a secure environment if decision makers
minds are set to default-ignore?  If I were an optimist, I would say
people learn and change. Then again, if I were an optimist, this would
be a poor career choice.

Jack