PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Recommended practices for physically securing PC's

From: paul at pauldotcom.com (Paul Asadoorian)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 13:27:26 -0500

They also make ones that give off an audible alarm when the lock is
broken.  We used to use those at the university, seemed to add a nice
additional layer of security.  I don't remember the name sorry....

Cheers,
Paul

Jack Daniel wrote:
Cable and case locks are far from perfect, but they can help.  One of
the car dealers I used to support had some theft issues (hard to
believe, I know), I installed cable locks (which also half-assed
locked the cases) and it was enough to stop the problems they were
having.  As with any security issue, the determined attacker will
always win, but the show of adding a lock not only adds a little
security, it displays an awareness of a problem and sends the message
to anyone paying attention that there is/was a problem.  A little bit
of awareness might trickle into the brains of the end-users, and that
might make the needed difference.

Jack

--
Paul Asadoorian