PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Droping a VM during pentesting

From: jim.halfpenny at gmail.com (Jim Halfpenny)
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 17:15:55 +0000

2009/3/10 Robin Wood <dninja at gmail.com>

I love it and wish I had time to build it.

I've just done some googling on qemu on windows and found this from
the olpc group on how to get it working:

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Using_QEMU_on_Windows_XP

Having not used qemu it may be really easy and I'm just pointing out
something obvious!

Something I did notice was this comment:
"It is a 190MB download that will then use about 1.5G of your disk
after it is unzipped and installed."
If this is right then copying 1.5G off the thumbdrive onto a pc may
draw attention on older machines with limited disk space but probably
not on newer ones.

Robin