PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Tiny charges on bank cards could presage bigger problems

From: brian.seel at gmail.com (Brian Seel)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 20:13:40 -0700

I know they dont store account information which was a major selling point
for me. They ask for your username and password to download the
transactions, but they dont store the u/p. They then get some token or
something that allows them to download the transactions again without asking
for your u/p again. You also cant move money between accounts... which made
me feel good enough about it to pull the trigger. Sure, if someone did get
in they would have a lot of information (like where I have accounts, and
information about me based on my spending), but nothing that would be too
detrimental.

Again, the benifits of knowing what is going on with my finances outweigh
the risk of that information getting out.

http://www.mint.com/privacy/