PaulDotCom mailing list archives

vmware vncinject tips?

From: paul at pauldotcom.com (Paul Asadoorian)
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 12:55:04 -0400

If it were DEP, the exploit most likely would have failed as a result.
Sounds like VNC does not like the Vista system, have you tried
installing a version of TightVNC on the Vista system just to see if VNC
would work at all?

Also, sometimes the virtualized hardware and Metasploit don't get along.
 For example, the payloads for disabling the keyboard and/or mouse don't
work in a VM.

If all else fails, try posting to the Metasploit list, HD is really good
about responding to questions on that list.

Cheers,
Paul

Tim Mugherini wrote:
DEP? Shot in the dark