PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Steps taken During a Web App Pentest

From: j2mccluggage at adelphia.net (Jody & Jennifer McCluggage)
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 22:53:00 -0400

I second that.  I have found it helpful to propagate via group policy
self-singed certs that are used for internal apps only.  That avoids the
issue of teaching your users that it is ok to walk through cert errors.  I
have also found that helpful in dealing with 3rd-party applications that use
a self-signed cert (where it is not possible to replace with a 3rd party
cert).  That way if I am getting a cert error when accessing them, I know
that something is wrong.

Jody

  _____