PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Vulnerability assessments and their cost

From: tadaka at gmail.com (Jason Wood)
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 08:54:35 -0600

I guess I phrased that badly.  I was commenting more on the effort a
vulnerability assessment requires and the amounts I have seen quoted.
A VA is definitely useful and valuable as long as it is understood
that it isn't a penetration test, which requires a lot more effort on
the tester's part and provides a lot more info.

We've strayed pretty far from what my original question was.  I was
just trying to get some opinions on a reasonable price range for the
different types of vulnerability assessments.  (network, web, and
wireless). I ask because some of the prices I have seen surprised me.