PaulDotCom mailing list archives

What do you look for in a Nessus scan?

From: paul at pauldotcom.com (Paul Asadoorian)
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 09:13:27 -0400

All:

I'm sure many of you have your favorite thing that you look for in
Nessus scan results.  For example:

- "I look for plugin id xxxxx because it always gives me root"
- "I look for plugin X because it tells me something about my Windows boxes"

These can be things you look for during vulnerability
assessments/penetration testing, or things you look for as part of you
enterprise vulnerability management program.  In either case, if you are
so inclined, send them to me off list.  If I use it in an upcoming post
I will be certain to credit you, if it is extra special I will send you
a free book or hack naked t-shirt :)

Thanks!

Cheers,
Paul