PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Multiple Kismet Drones

From: paul at pauldotcom.com (Paul Asadoorian)
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 15:29:45 -0400

I have, but I don't remember the answer :)  Larry?

I want to say that Kismet-newcore will give you all of this
functionality, including RSSI information and differentiation between
drones.

However, I'd recommend that you ask the Kismet list (and specifically
dragorn) for the specifics.  It may also depend on your chipset/driver,
whether you want 802.11a or b or g or n all all of the above, etc...

Also, will your drones both be channel hopping?  Will they hop across
the same channel?  If so, how is that handled?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Paul

Michael Boyd wrote:
Hello everyone. I've been running a two kismet drone setup at my
office for about a year now, and it's working great. Just last week I
was asked if I could scale the setup to three different states with
around 25 drones, and all reporting back to one main kismet server.
The big driver in using this method is cost, but I'm fully aware that
at some point the cost benefit will drop off. Basically, I'm wondering
if this is even possible, and if so, has anyone ever attempted
something similar?

Regards,
Mike