PaulDotCom mailing list archives

DumpSec replacement

From: chris.teodorski at gmail.com (Chris Teodorski)
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 10:12:41 -0400

All,

We've been having some weird issues with DumpSec lately.  We use it
primarily to get a comprehensive dump of NTFS permissions on some of
our windows environments.  The tool hasn't been updated since 2005, so
it could be having issues with "newer" versions of NTFS.  I was
wondering if anyone had a recommendation of a tool (preferably
something cheap/free and still under active development) that we could
use as a replacement for DumpSec.  I seem to remember a discussion
like this previously on the mailing list, but I couldn't find it.

Thanks,

Chris