PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Louisville InfoSec:Free passes, discounts and the CTF

From: strandjs at gmail.com (John Strand)
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2009 06:48:08 -0400

Just to be clear...

This is one of the better one to two day conferences in the US.

It just rocks.

john

On Aug 9, 2009, at 5:35 PM, Adrian Crenshaw wrote:

     Hope this does not seem spammy, but I'd like to see more geeks
at my local conference.

     As many of you know, I attend the local Louisville Infosec
conference. This year they have offered me some promotional stuff
for the conference. If you use the code "irongeek" when you register
you will get $20 off the cost. Also, they have given me 10 free
passes to give out, but here are my conditions: 1. You must
participate in are CTF event. 2. I want you to do a write up about
the conference after you attend. If you want a free pass, just email
me at irongeek at irongeek.com. For those that want more information
about the con, check out the Louisville InfoSec website. Here are
some of our speakers this year:
John Strand
Paul Asadoorian
Scott Moulton
Alex Lanstein
Adrian Crenshaw
Dr. Eugene Schultz
John Pavone
Rick Taylor
Brian Long
John Maynor
Lee Kushner
Jason Wessel
Mark Maxey

If you want to see videos from the 2008 conference check out these
links:
Adrian Crenshaw - "Intro to Sniffers" from Louisville Infosec 2008
Kevin Beaver - "Staying Ahead of the Security Curve" from Louisville
Infosec 2008
Rohyt Belani - "State of the Hack" from Louisville Infosec 2008
John Strand - "Advanced Hacking Techniques and Defenses" (and demos
of evilgrade/passing the hash/msfpayload) from Louisville Infosec 2008

and here is my write up from the even two years ago:
http://www.irongeek.com/i.php?page=security/louisville-infosec-conference

Also, the complimentary lunch is good. :)

Adrian

ps. I hope to Shanghai Paul and John into going to Richo's for a
beer afterwards.  :)