PaulDotCom mailing list archives

SANS work study program

From: beechey at northwood.edu (Beechey, Jim)
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 09:34:11 -0400

Yes, I have in Orlando 2008.  A couple thoughts...  First, they now give preference to SANS Technology Institute
students (I'm in the program) since being a work study is a requirement for the degree.  Second, they aren't kidding
that you do really work hard during the week, especially the first couple days.  Because of this it seems (my opinion)
like they do take back people who have done well in the past.  Third, apply early and provide as wide a range as
possible for the courses you'd be interested in.  These positions are very much in demand because of the great discount
you receive.  Fourth, make sure you convey in your application your willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job
done.  This isn't glamorous work, you have to be willing to be a grunt for the week.

Hope that helps
Jim