PaulDotCom mailing list archives

When virus scans are there certain directories they skip?

From: robert.portvliet at gmail.com (Robert Portvliet)
Date: Sun, 23 Aug 2009 09:06:38 -0400

I've seen it turned off (for performance reasons) for directories with
heavy IO, like certain types of databases & file staging locations.

If you can ascertain what apps your target's desktops are running,
those sort of application's directories may be a good place to try &
drop something.

Although, where I've seen this done, only system & admin could write
to those directories & the users weren't allowed local admin...