PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Help Testing MS SQL Audit Scripts

From: gbugbear at gmail.com (Tim Mugherini)
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 11:31:39 -0400

Carlos

Had some time this AM to run against 2k5 SQL with SP3. Seemed to run without
any errors. I like the script good info. One thing I did note.

EVERITY:
High

all hotfixes will help
 mitigate worms and
attacks.

 SOLUTION: Install MS SQL 2005 SP3+Q961930 (Cumulative HF2)
 http://www.microsoft.com/sql/downloads

The Link is a dead link the KB can be found here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;961930. Also these
seem to be bug fixes only and one must call support to get the update. If
issues are not associated with these fixes then there are charges for the
call (just a FYI to everyone). See How to obtain hotfix for more info.

I ll will try to get some time on the 1 2000 SQL system I have (no 2k8 yet)