PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Password manager

From: carlos_perez at darkoperator.com (Carlos Perez)
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 17:41:17 -0400

There is xkeepass that works on the mac and Linux

Sent from my Mobile Phone

On Jul 28, 2009, at 4:36 PM, "Jody & Jennifer McCluggage" <j2mccluggage at adelphia.net
wrote:

I also like KeePass Password safe.  They have a portable version
that you
can run off a USB stick.  It also supports multiple databases in
case you
want to keep separate databases (e.g. one for home and one for
work).  I
also really like the function that allows you to create pseudo-random
passwords of varying complexity and size (great for those
applications -
such as banking - that you want to make sure have a really secure
password).
It also allows you to store notes with your passwords.  I find this
valuable
for those silly sites that require you to provide "secret" answers to
questions. Just type in the questions in the notes section along
with some
nonsense made-up answers and you are set.

Unfortunately, as others have pointed out, I don't think it supports
MAC.

Jody