PaulDotCom mailing list archives

First Responder Forensic Responsibilities

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 16:34:20 +0100

2009/10/6 James Costello <genesiswave at gmail.com>:
I am getting ready to review and update our existing first responder
forensic responsibilities policy and wanted to know what others are using as
their policies.
I am looking for the information and policies that apply to non IT who might
uncover the problem or the IT team member who is not responsible for the
forensics

I don't do forensics but my first thought for both situations,
especially the first, is to touch nothing and call the phone number
that is well advertised around the office to get the professionals in.

Robin