PaulDotCom mailing list archives

transparent proxy and iptables failing

From: dninja at gmail.com (Robin Wood)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 17:16:36 +0100

2009/10/7 Robin Wood <dninja at gmail.com>:
I'm trying to setup a transparent proxy so I've got a linux device
with two NICs which are bridged using brctl. Traffic flows happily
across the bridge so I know it is working fine.

Now when I try to setup the iptables rules they are being ignored. The
rule I want to use is:

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -i br-lan -p tcp --dport 80 -j REDIRECT
--to-port 3128

Various people, including people on the netfilter mailing list, have
suggested that I need to use ebtables rather than iptables. Are there
any ebtables experts out there who could help me rewrite this rule to
ebtables?

Robin