PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Digital Forensic Software

From: cgerlingjr at gmail.com (Chris Gerling Jr)
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:35:43 -0500

Hi there, never had my name dropped before I don't think, haha.

The whole Sumo Linux update never really happened.  When we had first talked
with Marcus about it, nobody was really sure exactly what e-Fense was doing
with their commercial transition, and while I can't speak for him (the
project may well be still being worked on) I think there are already a
wealth of tools out there and it probably didn't make sense to invest time
in it, especially with his DojoCon coming up which was a resounding success.

I use Helix 3 Pro along with their Live Response tool.  They are both great
tools, but I am wondering about the support because as a company they've
been very shaky in the last few months, with a huge staff turnover.
 Hopefully they'll get that sorted out because I would hate to see all of
their work go for naught.

Feel free to email me personally and I can try to answer any questions you
have.  I consider myself a novice at this stuff still, and am actually
looking to build a collection of open source tools to use for examinations.

Chris Gerling