PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Windows Cached Credentials/Security Verifier

From: k41zen at live.co.uk (k41zen)
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 15:30:28 +0100

So the business wants users to be able to log onto laptops using
cached domain credentials whilst they are offline.

The supplier has limited the number of cached credentials/security
verifier's available to 5.

My question is how is the "security verifier's table" (for want of a
better description) managed? If it is full and as a 6th unique account
I logon connected to the domain, which entry gets overwritten? Does it
overwrite the oldest verifier that hasn't been logged on recently?
Does it overwrite the first one in the table?

I'm finding little info on the algorithm used (if any).

Grateful for any insight.