PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Web application testing

From: gbugbear at gmail.com (Tim Mugherini)
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 20:57:52 -0500

I'm not a heavy web guy but I Agree a good place to start reading would be OWASP

http://www.owasp.org/index.php/File:OWASP_T10_-_2010_rc1.pdf

http://www.greebo.net/owasp/OWASP%202010%20Top%2010%20Cheat%20Sheet.pdf

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 5:40 PM, Christian Frichot <xntrik at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Aaron,
I would start by having a look at the materials that www.owasp.org have to
provide.
That would be a good start.
And as you mentioned, you should always test against a non-production
environment, if possible (and/or based on a risk assessment).
I know some testers can give estimates based on the number of pages, but I
can't comment on how accurate that is. It depends on your experience and the
size of the app and what sort of results they're expecting.
Good luck!