PaulDotCom mailing list archives

WRT54G Mirror Port

From: paul at pauldotcom.com (Paul Asadoorian)
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:46:44 -0500

Sure, that works too.  However, its done in software so I would be
cautious how much traffic you pass through it before you start getting
drops.

Cheers,
Paul

On 1/14/10 8:27 AM, Robin Wood wrote:
2010/1/14 Paul Asadoorian <paul at pauldotcom.com>:
From all the research that I did on the WRT54G (and similar hardware
like the ASUS) this was not possible.  I believe that I read somewhere
that it was possible on some of the hardware, but that the drivers did
not support it.

If you find that it does, let us know!

The way I did it was to bridge the appropriate ports together then use
Daemonlogger from Marty Roche to clone all the traffic off the bridge
and onto an unused port. Works fine.

Robin

Cheers,
paul