PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Nessus file/directory Auditing

From: cmerkel at gmail.com (Chris Merkel)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 11:54:56 -0500

I haven't used the nessus plugin for this, but do similar searches
with dtSearch, which works really well. it's a commercial product, but
it's fairly cheap and well worth it.

On 3/22/10, k41zen <k41zen at live.co.uk> wrote:
All,

Anyone got any info on how the Nessus Content Auditing element of Nessus
works? It claims to check document keywords such as "TOP SECRET" or
"CONFIDENTIAL" and I'm curious as to how it does this.

On top of this, I'm looking for a tool that could login to an SMB share and
report back on files that are prefixed with something specific. Is this
possible with Nessus?

Finally I'm also looking to scan an SMB share, searching for directories and
sub-directories called something specific and then need to be able to check
the perms on these to report back when a specific group which should be
denied access is missing. Is this possible with Nessus?

Regards,

Jason