PaulDotCom mailing list archives

CISSP Study Strategy?

From: mick at pauldotcom.com (Michael Douglas)
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:45:55 -0400

For whatever reason, I simply cannot cram.  It gets way too garbled
and confused when I try...  So I take a slow & steady approach... it's
the only thing I've found that works.

My local ISSA chapter has a once a week meeting where we go over each
domain for about two hours.  It's a slow burn... not a boot camp at
all.  It's *exactly* the approach I need.  And they claim the pass
rate for those who take the test is well over 90%!!

One thing that I found most helpful -- and that I've carried over to
other cert studies -- is to set aside only a half hour each day to do
nothing else but study for the task at hand.  The catch is (for me at
least) it HAS to be the same time slot.  After about a week or two,
it's habit.

HTH,

Good luck on the CISSP!  You can do it.

- Mick