PaulDotCom mailing list archives

Politics in 15 years, post Twitter/Facebook

From: larry at pauldotcom.com (Larry Pesce)
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 16:04:41 -0400

To quote Bruce:

"In our lifetime, a US President will send a LOLcat to a Russian leader."

Needless to say, I LOLed.

- L

On 4/6/10 3:37 PM, Adrian Crenshaw wrote:
I got to ask Bruce Schneier a question at a recent conference:
http://is.gd/bhxtu

I had  been thinking about this for awhile, and we even talked about it
on ISDPodcast 100. It concerns young folks now saying things on
Twitter/Facebook that they may regret later if they enter politics. What
do you think? Will people in the future be more forgiving of youthful
statements, or will we only be able to elect people so technologically
dim, or maybe just boring, to have never said something offensive on a
social network?

Adrian