PaulDotCom mailing list archives

iPad

From: dgcombs at gmail.com (Dan McGinn-Combs)
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2010 12:39:49 -0400

A friend of mine was getting by with this line of reasoning for years. He
had more toys than Batman. The problem was that they *did* call him for
support. And CxO kinda guys are very particular about getting support. NOW!

Just one point though, Craig. You won't be able to say, "No" and have it
stick. If the business wants something, they usually get it because it helps
to "do their job." You won't be able to stop that freight train. However,
you will be able to lay down some tracks (i.e. tell them "how"). So ask for
three months to do some research on HOW to successfully roll out iPads.
Quantify what groups will be able to use its features best and what groups
emphatically do not need it. Of course, this means you'll need one (or more)
to play with, provision, deprovision, remotely wipe and a test budget for
apps. At the end of 90 days, you present a well thought out program for the
iPad... and you get one more line item to add to your resume. :)

Dan