PaulDotCom mailing list archives

party trick to shut up the non-believers

From: cclymer at gmail.com (Chris Clymer)
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 15:03:19 -0400

Rather than a live demo, better tactic might be telling a story about
a vulnerability in joe sixpack terms.  The pizza coupon thing
(dominos?) a few months back is a good example.

I see a lot of downsides to letting folks at a party pressure you into
a live demo.  You are basically allowing strangers to SE you.  If you
show a successful demo, you just know the next question will come: so
can you hack into so-and-so's facebook account? ;)

When you consider the potential for demo fail too, this is really a
lose/lose situation :(

securityjustice.com | chrisclymer.com